Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Weight Loss Journey...Day 2

I think I'm one of those women who have a thinner perception of myself in my mind.  That's until I see a picture of myself, and of course who likes the mirrors in the dressing room that pick up every unflattering angle! So mom and I have decided that we would try to tackle our weight loss goals together.  It's always easier with a partner, right?

I wouldn't say I'm heavy, but not skinny either. Call me slim-thick with a side of jiggle! I guess you can say I am of average weight, but those pesky height/weight calculators always categorize me as being overweight.  Lovely! 

Today is day two of our morning walks around the neighborhood with my 3-year-old, Ava.  It's not quite a brisk walk because Ava must explore every puddle, stick, and pebble on the street.  Then she insists on walking underneath every mailbox.  I'm just waiting for the, "BONK", followed by the long pause. Cue curdling scream. I may have Papa babysit her tomorrow so that we can get our walk on.

My mom has done Weight Watchers on and off for the past several years with much success.  She is going to use her tools and go that route.  I, on the other hand, have tried a multitude of methods.  Some with great success, others, not so much.  About two years ago, I was able to lose 20 pounds over a 3-4 month period using Nutrisystem.  I loved that program and it was easy and convenient.  Unfortunately, I can't afford it right now.  I've also gone through periods of intense workouts and weight training, which I did really enjoy, but I'm feeling a little less than enthused about going that route.  I've done juicing, which I find delicious, but extremely tedious.  So for now, it's daily moderate exercise, eating well-proportioned and balanced meals, and getting protein-rich and fruit/vegetable snacks in throughout the day.  I'm already a vegetarian (I eat fish/seafood), so it's just a matter of making some smarter choices.  I guess that means my bowl of chocolate chips and peanut butter needs to be kept to a minimum, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment