Monday, February 18, 2013

Who Da Man?



So as I've mentioned, Jay and I have been married for almost 10 years. We met in high school - but before you start "awwing" about marrying my high school sweet heart - it didn't happen that way AT ALL!!


Yes, I was the girl that you recognized from class, but you had no idea what my name was.  I got a lot of, "Heyyy, what's up you over there...girl in my World History class."  I was smart and artsy, but quiet. I had my own intimate group of close friends who I cut up with and let into my wacky, little world.

Jay was the all-around guy - athlete, brains, class clown, everyone's friend.  We didn't exactly run in the same circles. Besides, he was a sophomore and I was a senior when we met. 

Fast forward about four years and we find ourselves in familiar territory - but on the collegiate level.  He was entering his sophomore year and I was a rising senior.  Both home on summer break and purposefully running into each other at a local pool via nudging of a mutual friend, we suddenly noticed each other.  It's amazing what four years will do.  The formerly obscure teens were now looking at each other with ginormous stars in their eyes.  Where were you all my life??

So as life had it, we dated, we fell in love, and after college graduations, countless dead-end jobs, and years of "finding ourselves," we got engaged and had a beautiful wedding in 2003.  Let the party begin!!


No comments:

Post a Comment